PREVENTATIVE HEALTH REMINDER SYSTEM – This practice is committed to preventative health care. Your Doctor may seek your permission for you to be included on the practice reminder system. If you are included in the system, from time to time, we may issue you with a reminder notice, offering you preventative health services appropriate to your care. As this is a voluntary service, please notify your doctor or practice staff if you wish to take advantage on this system (Refer – New Patient Registration Form).
DISEASE REGISTERS – If you wish, this practice can submit your data to any disease specific register (e.g. cervical, breast, bowel screening etc) to assist with preventative health management; If you desire this service, please inform the practice staff as there is a Consent Process to establish such submissions. Also if you have agreed to use My Health Record, Doctors can upload documents to you E-health records.
FEES AND BILLINGS
See Practice Fee Policy.
MEDICAL TESTS OR PROCEDURE RESULTS – Your doctor will advise when results of any medical tests or procedures are expected to be available. When received, the doctor will review the results and if necessary, you will be contacted by the practice to make a follow up appointment. Please note Administration staff are NOT permitted to discuss with patients any medical results, only Doctors or Nurses can discuss your results.
HOME AND OTHER LOCATION CONSULTATIONS – At the discretion of the treating doctor, home and other location consultations are available for regular patients of this practice, whose condition prevents them from attending the practice rooms.
Telehealth services are available if you have attended a doctor in this practice within the last 3 months. These services are provided by telephone or face to face computer consultations can also be arranged. Please notify Administration regarding these requirements and they will co-ordinate these consultations.
OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOUR– Under no circumstances will any of the following be tolerated at any time: rudeness; aggression; intimidation; foul language, violence or physical threats to staff or other patients.
CULTURAL IDENTIFICATION – To enable this practice to better provide for your individual health requirements, please inform our staff if you identify with a specific cultural group (i.e. Aboriginal, Torrens Strait Islander, or Other).
ELECTRONIC MESSAGE POLICY
– Our practice uses SMS reminders for confirming patient appointments. Patients are requested to answer “Yes” or “No” ONLY to respond to confirmation.
– Although the preferred method of communication with our practice is via telephone, patients can also contact us via email or fax. These other methods may not be answered immediately; contact details are on our Contact Us page.
INTERPRETER SERVICES– If an interpreter service is needed for you or a family member, this can be organised. Please made this request known when making your appointment.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
– The practice will be establishing a Facebook page for patient advice ONLY.
– The practice does not engage in any other social media e.g. Instagram.
– The practice has a very strict Social Media policy, including acknowledging staff are free to have their personal social media arrangements, but not all social media posts by staff must not reveal confidential information about the practice or patients.
– Where staff identify themselves as employees as the practice, they should also include the statement “The views expressed in this post are mine and do not reflect the views of Your Family Practice. “The views expressed in this post are mine and do not reflect the views of Your Family Practice”
QUALITY CONTROL – This practice is committed to quality improvement. Accordingly, Your Family Practice has been recognised an AGPAL Accredited Medical Practice. We aim to provide the highest quality medical care and the full range of primary healthcare services to our patients.
SMOKING POLICY – NO smoking is allowed on Your Family Practice sites.
Patients are encouraged to request a PATIENT INFORMATION BOOKLET from the practice.